A public service announcement from a fellow Newton nerd
Do you surf the web on a mobile phone?
Do you find that experience too rich and interactive?
Do you wish for a simpler Internet experience while on the go?
What if I told you there was a way? A way to surf the Internet anywhere there is a cellular signal?
And do it from a Newton?
Introducing: WiFi Tether 3.1 Beta 11. Now with WiFi Tether you can turn your mobile phone into a mobile wifi hotspot and allow any wireless device to connect on the go.
How much would you be willing to pay for a product like this? $20? $50? $100? Now for an unlimited time you can have Wifi Tether 3.1 Beta 11 for the low price of $0.00. To prove how easy this product it I’m going to demonstrate on an Apple Newton 2000 MessagePad. Just watch:
- Download WiFi Tether from http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
- Launch “WiFi Tether” from the apps drawer
- On the Newton open the wifi slip set the SSID to “AndroidTether”
- Open your favorite Internet application to bring up the connection slip
- Use a Internet setup configured for DHCP
- And connect to your desired Internet website/service
Here you can see WiFi Tether showing that a device has connected wirelessly. The MAC address prefix belongs to Lucent Technologies who made the WaveLAN Turbo card I have.
And there you have it. A connected Newton or computer anywhere you go. Couldn’t be simpler.